Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mama/Jack Day

Jack and I played hooky today and had ourselves a Mama/Jack day. Ben got one last week when Jack went to camp and childcare this week is a little sporadic. So, we dropped Ben off this morning and headed downtown. 

Given the choice to do whatever he wanted, he chose a ride on the downtown trolleys. We see the trolleys all the time, but have never taken the time to get on them. See the open-aired pink version below that I stole from the MATA Web site because I forgot to grab a photo. 


Jack had a blast, and I enjoyed how the train ride -- which looped down Main Street and around to the riverfront -- made me sit still and just watch out the city go by. Really, just watch Jack take it all in. The whole trip cost us $1.
After the ride, we picked up Aunt Ruby for lunch at the Trolley Stop Cafe and then returned her to her big high-rise downtown building. I could get used to the pace of these days. It's not long, I know, that Jack will be back in school. So for now, we're trying to take summer in. At least when we remember to. 

No comments: