Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kindergartner, Registered

We registered Jack for kindergarten this week, in preparation for his first day of school. He goes one day next week, but I wanted to post these first. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with a lot of transition in every part of my life, so ... I let John handle it. Let everyone who thinks I'm a control freak know this: I let John register this kindergartener on his own. 
And he did a great job. I think I'm most surprised by the amount of stuff a kindergartner needs these days. We bought the pre-packaged set of supplies, which included -- among other things -- 15 glue sticks, eight packs of crayons, lots of pencils, wipes and a headset.
I ordered his backpack from LL Bean, which promises me a lifetime warranty. I still have my college backpack, which I use on lots of trips.

Here we go! Next week, Day 1 of kindergarten. 

No comments: