Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ducks and Ribs

Our Baltimore family, the Miciches, flew south a couple of weeks ago to visit both the Nashville and Memphis Mettees. In Memphis, I think we were pretty successful showing our city off. John took them on a tour of the Memphis Air Traffic Control Center (the highlight of their trip, I think) and then we headed downtown for a Peabody duck parade and Rendezvous ribs. A real Memphis experience. 
 We didn't realize the duck parade was so popular, but we were able to find Ben and Jack spots to watch the ducks. Then, we headed to an alley across the street to eat the best ribs in Memphis.
John and his Aunt Dot
My plate, the aftermath
John and I knew that Jack was a  big rib fan, but we underestimated his eating power. I think he ate half of the sausage and cheese appetizer he shared with Ben and then four ribs that he begged off of John and my plate. Next time, I'm just ordering him his own half order. 
Jack and Ben with their cousin Jessica. Jack is still a little confused about having a cousin who is a grown up. He thought all of his cousins were small. 

No comments: