Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Trip for Fish

Jack told me this morning that he wants to clean fish tanks when he grows up -- like those guys at the Tennessee Aquarium. That's the product of all the fish talk we've been having in the past few days, after visiting the Tennessee Aquarium in East Tennessee last week. 
 
Thankfully, we found a gorgeous day in December to take the kids to Chattanooga during our trip -- we started in the river section of the aquarium, took a break for lunch, and then tackled the ocean section. The kids had a blast and learned a lot about fish, turtles, penquins, etc. 
The aquarium is located on the river near downtown Chattanooga and has some great views of the mountains. (This is like the upteenth pictures of mountains that I've posted from last week. I really really miss them over here in West Tennessee.)
Back to the fish. With the help of my mom and Ruby, I was able to play with my camera a little while they counted and chased children. I always joke to my friends who are photo whizzes that my kids move too fast to do much more than an automatic setting. But I'm learning. Slowly. 
                                
                                
                               
        
        
Before we loaded up the car, we let the kids play a little outside of the aquarium -- where a fountain keeps children busy in the summer. I grabbed this photo of Ben and think it may be one of my all-time favorites. (except for the fact that his fly is open. He's totally going to call me on that in a few years.)
 

No comments: