Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An East Tennessee Christmas

                                      
Ruby and I spent the past week in East Tennessee visiting Mom and Don, and then later Mamaw and Papaw. All told, I think we put 1,100 miles on my car, but got to spend some great time breathing East Tennessee air.  Charlie and Miranda joined us early on in the week -- calling for the obligatory "grandkids" photo for mom. John took one look at this photo and said "poor Mary Beth." Lots of boys. 
I found the boys hiding by the tree after lunch, waiting on the grown ups to hurry up and eat. They assured me they were just counting presents and organizing them for later.
Our usual morning routine was a lot like it is in Memphis: Ben comes to find me around 6 a.m. and we find a quiet place to play as we wait for everyone else to wake up. One morning, I caught this sunrise over the mountains. Memphis is growing on us, but I never see sunrises like this in West Tennessee.

No comments: