Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

Jack, Ben and I went to Nashville last weekend to see Pop, Grammy and all the cousins. My goal was to make sure Jack spent as much time as possible with his cousins (all my Nashville friends, please don't read this and be annoyed I didn't call).

As much as Ben does everything he sees Jack do, Jack emulates everything he sees 7-year-old Ryan do. This past weekend, that meant launching bunny parachutes off the second floor balcony, trying to dunk a basketball and talking nonstop about the Nashville Predators. The Preds are now in the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs -- a first-ever feat for the franchise -- and Ryan is a huge fan. Never mind that John has been watching the Preds religiously for months. NOW, Jack is a fan. He even asked me on the way home if we could listen to the Predators on the radio.

Overheard on Saturday morning:
Ryan, as he prepared the bunny parachute: "Holy Cow."
Jack: "Yeah, Holy Cow in the morning."

Huh?

It was also the first Easter that Jack got the "Jesus died on the cross" part. Until now, it was "Jesus wakes up!" Now, he told me, that Jesus died on the cross and woke up. He might have just been repeating what I told him earlier, but it was still music to my ears. I consider it my most important job in life: To raise boys who love God and want to serve Him. Just hope I get it right.

Jack and Grammy dyed a dozen eggs, all a different color.


Apparently, a Mettee tradition is to dip one egg in every color. Grammy made us a "Puke" colored egg. Of course, Ben slammed that egg against the floor the next morning. We'd expect nothing less, Ben. Really.
  
Easter morning pictures. We took them outside Celebration Lutheran, in the garden.



 


 


Playing around during Anna's soccer game









No comments: