Friday, March 16, 2012

Meet me in St. Louis


We spent the past week in St. Louis, soaking up some warm weather and taking in the city. The boys joined me mid-week, as my co-workers and I wrapped up a Children's Hospital Association conference. Our hotel was located across street from the Arch, making for some great views, especially at dusk.


Our conference ran Sunday through Wednesday  -- my friend Amanda and I presented on storytelling with fewer words on Wednesday morning. For a couple of afternoons, though, my friend Julie and I found time for short runs. Before kids (well, all kids but Jack), we spent our lunches working out with our friend, Bryn. Best shape of my life. Things jiggle a little more now, but we give ourselves points for trying.  
 
Later on in the week, the boys went went to the river and rode to the top of Arch. Considering my uneasiness with heights, I was OK to pass on this trip. Apparently, the boys are too young to be scared of heights. They didn't seem to mind. 

The small ride to the top
View from the top
 

No comments: