Friday, March 23, 2012

St. Louis: The City Museum

 These are the last of my St. Louis photos. Our trip to the City Museum -- this bizarre urban museum in downtown St. Louis -- was both exhilerating and exhausting. I had planned on skipping this, after deciding it was a little to "old" for Jack and Ben. Then, we drove by this giant airplane and the school bus dangling from the roof, and we were done.
Jack and John climbed some of these wire bridges, but I didn't make it. What's with this town and heights? Ben and I went to the toddler room while Jack and John kept climbing upward.


This is more my speed. But the inside had its own sets of adventures -- namely tiny mazes built for older kids that my 2-year-old insisted on navigating. I can't decide if I was scared he'd get stuck or that someone would take him. Either way, I followed him into all these spots, crawling and crouching through dark places.
But really, we had a blast, and the boys especially liked this 10-story -- yes, I said STORY -- slide. Ben liked it so much that he tried to climb right back up it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both are such great parents.I remember seeing City Museum when we were there and it looked very interesting...glad I didn't have to participate! You got some good expressions on the boys faces in your pictures!

Pat said...

Anonymous was me...Pat I hit the wrong button