Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Mexican Anniversary

John and I celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary last week with a trip to Playa de Carmen, Mexico. At least, I think that's where we were. We pretty much stayed in this spot for the entire week.

We stayed at our first all-inclusive resort, Royal Hideaway, thanks to a recommendation from my friend, Cami. (Cami, we LOVE you.) John and I are already talking about when we're headed back. Everyone at this small, quiet resort was helpful and determined to meet our every request. Paradise.

A view from our room of a neighboring villa.

I think I sat in this spot for at least six hours each day of the trip. I told John we'll need to detox for a least a week from the food and margaritas.
 

 Food, margaritas and beer, I mean.
 

When it got a little hot, the staff brought around cold towels and fruit for everyone. 
 

We did manage to leave the resort one night, to meet up with John's brother, Steve, and his family. Playa de Carmen's Fifth Avenue is one long pedestrian street of shops and restaurants that gave a taste of the culture.
 
 

The staff noted our anniversary on Thursday with towel swans and balloons, in addition to the bottle of champagne that waited for us at dinner.
Our anniversary night, after a giant Italian dinner. 

One of our favorite parts of the trip was finding great friends. Even better, they were from the South. Needless to say, there was lots of football talk.

It's hard to believe, but what a blessed 10 years it has been. Two wonderful children and a pretty great life. (Oh, the kids. No, we didn't leave them at home alone. I just have the best in-laws in the world. I'll blog tomorrow about what life looked like for them last week. )

No comments: