Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer List No. 3: See Cars 2

Mark one more off my list. John and I surprised the boys with a trip to the movies Sunday afternoon. I was a little nervous about Jack -- something about dark theaters and loud noises don't work for him. In fact, the last time I tried to take him to the movies, we quickly got a refund after Jack assured me there were bats in there.

But this was Cars 2, a favorite of both Jack and Ben -- and I hoped the fact that baby brother was going would help. A snippet of our conversation as we left church on our way to the theater.

Jack: "Mom, God made me?"
Me: "Yep"
Jack: "But not Cars 2."
(I never really know how to respond to this.)
Jack: "I'm going to be brave, Mom. I'm going to be brave at Cars 2."

He was very brave -- even though he did ask me at one point if there were bats in their theater. Nope, I assured him. Ben was brave too, and sat pretty still for most of the movie. Now that's saying a lot.
 




No comments: