Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bedtime

We said goodbye to our nursery this weekend, a little earlier than I'd expected. Ben made it clear he was ready, even if I wasn't, after flinging himself out of the crib every couple of hours for two nights straight. On Saturday night, Ben was up from midnight to 5 a.m., and every time John and I put him back in the crib, he'd scream and then climb over.

"Why don't you just set up the bed," my mom asked. Because in my plan, Ben gets several more months in his baby bed. He's a baby for a little while longer. Never mind the plan. Ben's not having it.


Instead, we took the crib apart on Sunday afternoon and found it a good home by the time the sun went down. I was the only one who gave pause for even a moment that this crib -- the one that held both my babies -- was gone. I'm usually not very sentimental around stuff, but this "stuff," yes.



It took the boys relatively no time to take the crib apart. Ben's new bed is actually the top bunk in a set of bunk beds we bought for the boys a couple of years ago. The top bunk has a set of rails that make it a perfect toddler bed.



 Thanks to Aunt Susie for the great bedding (once Cousin Ryan's so both Jack and Ben think it's special) Ben's reaction when he saw the bed: "Mom, I WOOOVE trains." He is so proud of being a big boy.


I still need to hang some photos, but it was a relatively easy job.


Ben has slept soundly for the past three nights, and Jack has even had to go wake him up the past few mornings.  Now, if potty training were so easy, I'd go ahead and knock it out too.

No comments: