Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving, Chick-fil-a Style

Apparently, the pilgrims had Chick-fil-a nuggets. Nuggets, mac and cheese and popcorn, to be exact. Oh, and Capri Sun. We joke about the Thanksgiving Feast at Lord of Life Preschool each year, but it truly is my favorite event of the school year. Those Pilgrims (and Indians, er, Native Americans) know how to chow down. 

 Jack and Ben celebrated Thanksgiving three days early today, and I was able to break away from work to enjoy it with them. Today, I am thankful for the coolest boss ever, who reminds me every day that I am a Mama first. Nothing like seeing dozens of 3- and 4-year-olds feasting on nuggets to make the day better. 
 I didn't really get a visit with Ben, though. The school director forbid me to enter the 2-year-old classroom (unless I was ready to take him home afterward). So, I begged her to take my camera in and get some photos of my little Indian.
 
With all this talk about Thanksgiving and the Mayflower, Jack's class was assigned last week to bring something to school that they would carry with them on the Mayflower trip to America. Jack's item: a Nerf gun to kill turkeys. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when John asked Ms. Nancy if it was OK for Jack to bring a gun to school. Thankfully, she was fine with it. 

No comments: