Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer List No. 8: Head to the Memphis Farmers Market

My mom is in town this weekend to help my sister get moved into her new house. We decided to knock one of my summer "Must Do" items off the list and give Ruby some time to unpack boxes (read, no kids at the house, they are all with us.)

So, we packed up the car and headed downtown to the Memphis Farmers Market. It was a great atmosphere, and I'm really glad we all made the trip. I will, however, stick to my five-minute drive to the local farmers market from now on. Anything to avoid that commute one more day a week. My favorite find of the day are these odd-looking peppers. Can't wait to try them with my hummus this week.


 These berries are as good as they look. Jack has eaten half of them already. They remind me so much of those that I used to pick as a kid.

 
Jack and Mary Beth are the older two and do a great job sticking together when we ask.
  
Classic Jack, he wanted to sit and listen a while, in the middle of hundreds of people. Love that boy.



 

 
Ben was in a crabby mood all morning and ran a low-grade fever for much of it. I thought it was just his 2-year molars coming in, but after he refused to walk at the Farmers Market and insisted on riding in the stroller all morning, I called the pediatrician. He's just not himself, I told her. Strep positive. Of course he is. We like to keep it around in our house. 



No comments: